Sports betting, particularly football betting can be a thrilling activity for loyal fans. Some people have a hard time understanding how the betting process works. Others, especially those who have been betting for many years, have developed their own tactics to ensure a win-win game plan. If you want to become an expert in the business, this guide can help you.
Learning the basic things
There are key terms you must learn by heart before you start deep dive into learning advanced football betting tips. Here are some of the terms you need to know:
- Stake – It refers to the amount of money you’re willing to spend on a bet.
- Bankroll – To know how much you can spend on a starting stake, you must determine your bankroll first. Bankroll refers to the amount of money you have.
- Full-time result – It’s also called 1×2 betting. It’s a type of betting where you wait for the result of the match. It’s either you bet on one team to win or for the game to result to a draw.
- Asian Handicap – In case one of the teams gets a better advantage over the competition, you can bet on the team that wins within the agreed handicap.
- 3-way handicap – Most football bettors refer to the 3-way handicap as the European handicap. This type of betting system is used if you want to place your bet on the result of a certain match.
- Double chance betting – It’s a type of setup where you place your bet on two possible match results.
- Accumulator- If you want to win bigger, an accumulator might be a good option for you. In this setup, a group of football bets are tallied together. If all of the bets win, the accumulator can take home the prize.
Which is Better: Accumulators or Singles?
There are two ways you can place a bet – single betting and accumulators. In the single betting setup, you only wager on one event. For example, you bet a few bucks against the competing team. If you want to win the bet quickly and surely without worrying about your other wages, a single betting system might be the best option.
However, if your goal is to maximise your chances of winning big, you can join a betting accumulator. Essentially, an accumulator is comprised of a group of single bets. If the accumulator wins, everyone who joined can win a big amount of money. Many bettors prefer joining an accumulator, while others, especially the new ones prefer single bets instead.
Before you join an accumulator, you should compare the odds stacked up against the competing clubs. Check the latest news and updates and observe the skills of the players during their matches too. It will help you determine which team can most likely win the match. It’s essential that you know which team to place your bet on so you don’t end up losing a great amount of money.
How to be in good terms with the bookies
You will find a lot of bookies online and offline. In order to increase your chances of winning money from your wager, you must understand how your bookie comes up with the football match odds. Also, you should learn the dealing style of your selected bookmaker.
Since you have an extensive selection of bookmakers, try to research about them before you start using them. What do they use to accumulate the odds? What are the factors they look into when they close an accumulator? Do they remove games or payouts? How fast can they validate a match?
How about the policies that they follow? the rules and regulations they implement? Don’t forget to check if they cancel bonuses and if they close an accumulator just because of large winnings. Lastly, you should check the withdrawal limit they implement. How much can you withdraw per month?
Essential tips you’ll need when you place a wager
After getting acquainted with the basic terms and processes involved, you can start learning the advanced football betting tips. Here are some of the tips practised by experts in the betting business.
- Be wise at all times – Choose a team based on solid facts. Don’t place your bet on your favourite club if you know for sure that they don’t have a chance to win the match.
- Learn to set your limits – Unless you want to lose all your money on betting, you should keep track of everything. List the matches, amount of money you won and lost and even the accumulators that failed you. Set your spending limit and make sure that you do stick with it.
- Seek help if needed – Sports betting can be addicting. If your betting hobby is causing you personal issues, seek help. A professional can guide you in managing your spending habits and controlling your urges.
Football betting is indeed one of the most exciting types of sports betting. Fans and bettors alike continue to embrace this activity as a way of showing their appreciation for football. If you’re new to football betting, you can use all of the tips provided above as your guide.